OAKTOWN, Ind. (WTHI) - One woman is dead after a single family house fire.
That's according to the Knox County Coroner's Office.
Knox County Coroner Brian Hagen says it happened Sunday morning in Oaktown, at the home at 308 Raymond Street.
Hagen says he pronounced 70-year-old Jeanette Rickard as deceased.
He says the autopsy is scheduled for today, and an investigation by the Knox County Coroner's Office and Indiana State Police is ongoing.
Hagen says several first responders from various departments responded to the scene.
This included: Knox County EMS, Indiana State Police, Knox County Sheriff's Department, Busseron Township Fire Department, Washington Township Fire Department, as well as the Knox County Coroner and the Indiana Fire Marshall.
Hagen says Rickard's family has been notified.
- One woman dead after Knox County fire
- Two dead after 4-wheeling accident in Knox County
- Man found dead at Knox County farm, autopsy scheduled
- Knox County police chase leaves one person dead
- Two people dead, another airlifted after crash in Knox County
- Knox County burn ban lifted
- Knox County prepares for primaries
- Two Knox County fire departments looking into new fire trucks
- Two die in early morning Knox County fire
- Knox County burn ban affects local campers