PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is dead after a Wednesday afternoon crash in Putnam County.
It happened just before 1:00 near US 231 and County Road 1300 South.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a vehicle that ran off the road into a pond.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office reports receiving a 911 call from a person saying they were run off the road by another vehicle in this area.
When officers arrived they found a car in an icy pond.
The officers made their way through the icy water and broke out the vehicle's window and pulled 56-year-old Lavada Anne Boyette, Cloverdale out of the car.
They say she was unresponsive.
Boyette was taken to the Putnam County Hospital where she later died.
Police are still investigating why she went off the roadway, and it isn't immediately clear if the previous 911 call was related.
An autopsy for Boyette is scheduled for Thursday.
- One person dead after Putnam County crash
- Two hurt in Putnam County crash
- One killed in Putnam County crash
- Services set for Putnam County man killed in I-70 crash
- Putnam County firefighter dies in out of area crash
- Putnam County death being investigated as homicide
- One person dead following crash in Greene County
- One person dead after two-motorcycle crash in Parke County
- One person dead after Knox County crash involving moped
- Putnam County man arrested after alleged two county police chase