PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is dead after a Wednesday afternoon crash in Putnam County.
It happened just before 1:00 near US 231 and County Road 1300 South.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a vehicle that ran off the road into a pond.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office reports receiving a 911 call from a person saying they were run off the road by another vehicle in this area.
When officers arrived they found a car in an icy pond.
The officers made their way through the icy water and broke out the vehicle's window and pulled 56-year-old Lavada Anne Boyette, Cloverdale out of the car.
They say she was unresponsive.
Boyette was taken to the Putnam County Hospital where she later died.
Police are still investigating why she went off the roadway, and it isn't immediately clear if the previous 911 call was related.
An autopsy for Boyette is scheduled for Thursday.
- One person dead after Putnam County crash
- Two hurt in Putnam County crash
- Putnam County firefighter dies in out of area crash
- Services set for Putnam County man killed in I-70 crash
- One person dead following crash in Greene County
- Putnam County man arrested after alleged two county police chase
- One man dead after accident between bike and truck in Putnam County
- Former Putnam County Deputy receives new sentence of 33 months
- Mushroom hunter finds skeletal remains in Putnam County
- More human skeletal remains found in Putnam County