CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is dead after a Sunday night shooting in Clay County.
It happened around 9:00 at a home on 2055 State Road 340, just west of Brazil.
Police and first responders were called to the home after dispatchers received a 911 call. When they arrived they found the victim with gunshot wounds, already dead.
Police say it was a domestic disturbance that turned into shots being fired.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
An autopsy for the victim was performed Monday.
PolIce say more information on the victim, and what happened will be released Tuesday.
They want to reassure the public there are no safety concerns after this shooting.
We will continue to follow this story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- One killed in Sunday night Clay County shooting
- Police identify the person killed in Clay County shooting
- Clay County Election Results
- Clay County woman killed in Morgan County crash
- Clay County group receives donation
- Clay County boil order lifted
- Arrests made in overnight shooting in Clay County
- Shooting clay for a good cause
- Clay Youth Food Program
- Clay City Boil Order