SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office reports one person died after a Wednesday morning house fire.
The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. in the 5900 block of East Private Road 375 N. This is about six miles east of Sullivan.
Police report a neighbor made the 911 call and said there were flames seen coming from the home.
At this time police report one male died in the fire, but his identity will not be released until an autopsy is complete and a positive identification is made. A family dog also died in the fire.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom reports the Indiana State Fire Marshal is on the scene to help determine the cause of the fire. But, officials are reporting foul play is not suspected at this time.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- One dead after early morning house fire in Sullivan County
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Early morning accident caused power outages in Sullivan County
- Fire destroys Sullivan County diner
- Crews fight early morning house fire in Terre Haute
- Working together to help Sullivan County house fire victim
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Firefighters called to early morning shed fire
- Early morning fire hits local business