TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One man is behind bars after police say he stabbed another person at a Terre Haute church.
It happened on Wednesday in the garden area of Saint Joe's Parish near 5th and Walnut Streets.
According to the probable cause, it started with a heated conversation between a homeless female and another man.
Court documents say Brian Pryor got involved in the fight and cut the man.
The victim told police Pryor cut him several times in the face and hand, and then he left the area.
Police said when they searched Pryor, they found a folding knife in his pocket.
According to court documents, Pryor told police the victim hit him in the face, but he did not touch the victim.
Pryor was arrested and charged with aggravated battery and battery with a deadly weapon.
- One arrested after stabbing at Terre Haute church
- Man arrested for stabbing at Terre Haute motel
- Police respond to stabbing in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Police investigate Tuesday morning stabbing
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Terre Haute man pleads guilty in stabbing case
- Police investigate early morning stabbing in Terre Haute
- Police investigate reported stabbing in West Terre Haute
- Police continue the search for West Terre Haute stabbing suspect
- Church hosts Wild Game Dinner in Terre Haute