VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One office-holder wants to make the move from County Council to County Commissioner.
Brendan Kearns has announced his bid for Vigo County Commissioner. Kearns won a spot on the Vigo County Council in 2016 as an at-large candidate.
The Vigo County Commissioner whose seat is up for grabs this year will not seek re-election. Commissioner Jon Marvel confirmed to News 10 that he's decided not to run for re-election.
In a message, Marvel told News 10 he's scheduled to have a surgical procedure done this month. He chose not to put off the surgery in order to run for re-election.
Besides his time serving as County Commissioner, Marvel served two terms as Vigo County Sheriff.
Filing day for the 2018 primary election here in Indiana is Jan. 10.
- One announces run for Vigo County Commissioner, current Commissioner announces he wont seek re-election
- Current Vigo County Councilman announces intention to run for commissioner
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Former Vigo County commissioner behind bars...again
- Commissioners appoint new Vigo County 911 Director
- Vigo County Commissioners discuss creating Census committee
- Two Vigo County Commissioners say they will not run for re-election
- County commissioners approved preliminary design for new Vigo County jail
- New president selected during Vigo County Commissioner meeting