TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Oil drilling has picked back up near Indiana State University.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources allowed Pioneer Oil four production wells.
They're near 10th and Chestnut Streets on university-owned properties.
Crews are currently drilling the fourth and final well at that site.
The agreement gives the university royalty payments.
That money is used for maintenance on the campus.
- Oil drilling picks back up on the ISU campus
- ISU hosts campus blood drive
- Overnight shooting ruled "accidental" at ISU's campus
- Group works to build healthier ISU campus
- Statewide Tornado Drill Day
- ISU students trying to bring Camp Kesem to campus
- New bike share program rolls out on ISU's campus
- ISU students experience the "Taste of Terre Haute" on campus
- ISU Police issue warning after two vehicles stolen from campus
- Recycling Center on ISU Campus sees an uptick in business