TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We have good news if you travel in downtown Terre Haute.
The intersection of 4th and Ohio Streets has finally reopened.
The massive 20-foot sinkhole has been filled and paved.
Old sewer lines are to blame for the hole opening up.
When the street collapsed, it took the wiring to the street light with it.
While Ohio Street has reopened, 4th Street at the intersection is still closed.
It is expected to reopen next week.
- Ohio Street reopens as crews repair a massive sinkhole
- 4th and Ohio Streets to reopen Friday morning after sinkhole repairs
- Crews close downtown Terre Haute intersection after massive sinkhole develops
- Ohio Street reopens as crews get ready to move east to Ohio Blvd
- Car drives into massive sinkhole in northwest Indiana; emergency repairs ordered
- Crews work on another Terre Haute sinkhole
- Road closed after sinkhole was discovered expected to reopen Monday
- Repaired bridge design holding up after storms, crews hope to reopen it soon
- Bridge closed while crews begin repair
- Crews make repairs to vandalized Vincennes statue