MASSILLON, Ohio — Police in Ohio say a 7th-grader apparently brought a gun to school and shot himself inside a bathroom.
Investigators say no other students have been hurt and they don’t know yet whether the shooting Tuesday morning was intentional.
A school official says the student is being treated at a hospital. His condition wasn’t immediately known.
Parents rushed to Jackson Middle School, near Massillon, to pick up their children after the school sent out a notice about the shooting.
Authorities and school officials say they don’t whether the student was alone at the time of the shooting and haven’t released any other details about what happened.
Massillon is located about 50 miles (80 kilometers) south of Cleveland.
TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT 2018 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Ohio 7th grader shoots himself in middle school bathroom
- Custodian arrested after suspected meth found in Parke County middle school bathroom
- Florida first-grader arrested over school tantrum
- 4th graders at Dixie Bee Elementary School learn trade skills
- Threat found in Paris High School bathroom, investigation underway
- Local second graders make a cuddly donation
- Otter Creek Middle School flu absences down
- Sullivan Middle School students learn CPR
- WRV Middle School holds science fair
- Transgender student seeks injunction in bathrooms lawsuit