CLOSINGS: View Closings

Officials say kids suffered carbon monoxide exposure, taken to hospital

It happened Saturday night, just before 7:30.

Posted: Sep. 2, 2018 10:54 PM
Updated: Sep. 3, 2018 9:28 AM

PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials are warning you to install Carbon Monoxide Detectors in your boats and RVs. 

That's after three kids were exposed, making for a scary situation in Parke County.

According to the Bellmore Volunteer Fire Department, it happened Saturday night, just before 7:30.

Emergency crews were called to the main boat ramp at the Raccoon State Recreation Area. That's where they found an unresponsive 10-year-old boy.

In total, officials said three kids were suffering from Carbon Monoxide exposure. 

All of them were taken to Hendricks County Hospital.

Officials said an exhaust problem likely caused the Carbon Monoxide to build up in the boat's cabin area.

Article Comments

Terre Haute
Clear
21° wxIcon
Hi: 22° Lo: 3°
Feels Like: 21°
Robinson
Overcast
20° wxIcon
Hi: 20° Lo: 3°
Feels Like: 13°
Indianapolis
Scattered Clouds
16° wxIcon
Hi: 17° Lo: -7°
Feels Like: 4°
Rockville
Clear
21° wxIcon
Hi: 20° Lo: -2°
Feels Like: 21°
Casey
Overcast
17° wxIcon
Hi: 18° Lo: 3°
Feels Like: 8°
Brazil
Clear
21° wxIcon
Hi: 20° Lo: 1°
Feels Like: 21°
Marshall
Clear
21° wxIcon
Hi: 22° Lo: 2°
Feels Like: 21°
Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in.
WTHI Planner
WTHI Temps
WTHI Radar

Most Popular Stories

Latest Video

Image

News 10 Sunday Morning Weather Update

Image

Covered in love; looking for love

Image

300 Athletes expected at weekend gymnastics invitational

Image

Downtown Terre Haute gets weekend economic boost from ISU alumni

Image

Police seeking identity of suspect

Image

Please remove snow and ice from around your mailboxes

Image

Duke Energy ready to respond to downed power lines

Image

Saturday Night Weather Update

Image

Lincoln beats North Knox.

Image

Barr-Reeve wins Buggy Bowl

WTHI Events