GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials have identified the person found dead inside of a vehicle in Richards Lake.
Richards Lake is in Greene County.
According to a release from DNR, the victim in the vehicle was identified as 85-year-old Robert Waters of Linton.
On Tuesday, crews pulled his red Chevy Blazer from the lake.
Last week, officials issued a Silver Alert for Waters.
The search in the lake started on Monday afternoon, officers found a vehicle in a lake at the Greene-Sullivan State Forest.
We talked to conservation officer Nathan Lutz on Monday who said an officer on patrol found tracks leading to the water on Monday afternoon.
Not long after that, crews used sonar equipment and found a vehicle. Crews were working in the dark.
On Tuesday, crews pulled the vehicle with Waters inside out of the lake.
As autopsy for Waters is scheduled for December 20th.
We will continue to follow this developing story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Officials identify deceased person after pulling vehicle from Greene County lake
- Crews pull red vehicle from Greene-Sullivan State Forest lake; officials report one person inside
- One person dead following crash in Greene County
- Police identify the three killed in Greene County homicide investigation
- One person airlifted after single-vehicle Parke County crash
- Officials explain reasons for flu restrictions at Greene County hospital
- 1st baby born using uterus transplanted from deceased donor
- Officials identify man that died in Knox County police chase
- OFFICIALS: Stolen vehicle involved in Clay County crash, occupant ejected
- Officials seeking help in identifying suspect