TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials say they are another step closer to breaking ground on a new downtown Terre Haute convention center.
The Vigo County Capital Improvement Board met on Wednesday to discuss future plans, now that county leaders have approved what is called 'The Interlocal Agreement.'
Bids will open on June 11th, and they hope to break ground by mid-July.
"We are moving forward and we have a very aggressive schedule to come out of the ground and get this project delivered," Steve Bauer, Vice President of Construction Services said.
- Officials hope to break ground on new convention center this summer
- Crews set to break ground on new convention center in September
- Officials working on traffic studies for proposed convention center locations
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- One step closer to a Convention Center
- Commissioners approve funding for convention center
- City council approves convention center funding plan
- Good Samaritan breaks ground on health education center
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center