ODON, Ind. (WTHI) - Odon's Day of Caring was put on by the Daviess County United Way. The organization partnered with local businesses to target problem areas in the town. Workers helped clean up around the library, park and other key locations.
Local business owner Fran Swartzentruber says, "I just want to give back to the community and we're proud of our town. Our town is small but we're proud of it. But we also like to involve the school and the students because it gives them ownership and what our town is all about."
Students from North Daviess also chipped in. These students were from the school's softball and baseball teams. News 10 had the chance to catch up with senior Cassie Knepp. She and her fellow softball players were taking time to clean the town's community building.
Knepp says, "It is a great opportunity to give back to the community that gives so much to us. No matter what we need the community is always there so it's an excellent opportunity to give back to them."
- Odon takes part in United Way's 'Day of Caring'
- Rose-Hulman students take part in Pi Day fun
- 'I have not taken money'; Clerk-Treasurer responds to Odon town audit
- 'We want to correct the issues'; Odon town board addresses audit
- Lawrenceville takes action against United Methodist Village
- Local candidates take part in 'Candidate School'
- Local high school students take a class in car care
- Bethesda Gardens agrees to shut down memory care unit in agreement with the State of Indiana
- Local kids take part in state robotics competition
- Local schools take part in Read Across America!