OBLONG, Ill. (WTHI) - Oblong, Illinois village leaders want to hear from you.
They've planned a public hearing to talk about recreational marijuana businesses.
Now, the hearing is happening in a new location.
According to the village mayor, the public hearing is Monday, September 23rd at 7 p.m.
The meeting is happening at the Oblong American Legion on East Main Street.
Everyone is invited to share their thoughts on whether or not they'd be okay with a marijuana business locating there.
Under the new Illinois law, local governments can choose to pass an ordinance that would keep such businesses from setting up shop.
The law goes into effect at the start of the new year.
- Oblong, Illinois city leaders to host public hearing to discuss recreational marijuana businesses
- Oblong eyes referendum for marijuana dispensary ban
- Illinois lawmakers hold hearing on marijuana legalization
- Illinois becomes 11th state to allow recreational marijuana
- Illinois awards 1st licenses to sell recreational marijuana
- County leaders, public hears final jail recommendations
- Launch Terre Haute hosts future business leaders
- Illinois public hearing scheduled on industrial hemp rules
- Illinois Sheriffs' Association voices concerns over the idea of legalizing recreational marijuana
- Public hearing set for Wednesday to discuss Clinton bridge project