CHICAGO (AP) - O'Hare and Midway international airports will now be providing free unlimited Wi-Fi making long layovers a little more bearable.
The Chicago Department of Aviation says the airports previously provided free Wi-Fi with a 30 minute limit. Passengers will now have access to unlimited Wi-Fi - plus streaming capabilities - with rolling ads every 45 minutes.
Users can also opt for faster speeds by purchasing a one-day or a monthly subscription.
The switch to unlimited Wi-Fi is part of larger efforts to modernize the Chicago airports. Airport officials say they are working on two more modernization programs concerning technology and security.
O'Hare and Midway airports serve more than 100 million passengers each year and generate $45 billion for the area's economy annually.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- O'Hare, Midway airports to offer unlimited free Wi-Fi
- Teen burglar woke up sleeping couple to ask for Wi-Fi access, police say
- Church offers free Thanksgiving meals
- 2nd case of measles confirmed in person who was at O'Hare
- New law lets students take unlimited dual-credit classes
- Free fishing day offers fun to community
- Local church offers free coats for kids
- Indiana community college offers firefighters free tuition
- DNR offers vets free access to parks on Veterans Day
- Law firm offers free cab rides for Thanksgiving eve