VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent said he asked for your and advice...and he is listening.
News 10 spoke with Dr. Robert Haworth.
He said the Community Conversation Meetings highlighted a major need.
It's for a public relations or marketing person at the school corporation.
Haworth told News 10 he's launched a strategic plan to make that happen.
Haworth says its an important project because of the number of people the school corporation serves.
"We need to really have an instrument to really communicate and improve communication because literally, great things are happening in our school district each and every day. We want to tell those stories more effectively. We think this person will help us do that," Haworth said.
Haworth said he's already started receiving applications for the position.
He's looking to get that process started as soon as possible.
- Now hiring: VCSC looking for public relations or marketing person
- Public input needed in VCSC superintendent search
- VCSC Community Meetings Announced
- Public hearing set to discuss new VCSC superintendent's contract
- First in series of VCSC public meetings happens on Thursday
- VCSC holds community listening session
- New VCSC superintendent candidate shares vision for school corporation, meets with public
- Public had the chance to interact with school staff at VCSC community meetings
- VCSC to open the Aquatic Center for public lap swim three times a week
- VCSC Board meets at Terre Haute South