SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - North Central High School received a very special delivery on Wednesday.
Students were collecting bottle caps to make benches...and those benches have arrived.
They are in memory of Kegan Ennen, Thomas Jaroscak, and Tyson Boyll.
They died in a crash in December of last year.
The student council was in charge of the project.
It received enough donations to make six benches.
Three of them will be placed around North Central in honor of each teen.
Another will go to the school where the boys went to kindergarten.
There will be a bench inside the school where names can be added if another student passes during their time at the school.
Teachers say this project has been good for the community.
The council is also donating one to Terre Haute South in memory of Jenna Perrelle.
There are still many caps left over from the project.
They will be donated to the Sullivan County Salvation Army and the Garrett Sands Kindness Project.
- North Central High School receives a special delivery
- North Central High School will donate bench to Terre Haute South High School
- Students file federal lawsuit against Northeast School Corp. and North Central High School
- Families receive 28,266 pounds of food in recent delivery
- Emergency delivery turned miracle
- Terre Haute receives special Cultural District Designation
- Meals on Wheels receives some special help
- Signature Healthcare residents receive a special treat
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Final pieces of North Central High School benches honoring students killed in crash unveiled