CLINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more after a person was found dead in the Wabash River in Vermillion County on Saturday.
56-year-old Jeanne Stern's body was found in the river near the Riverside Cemetery in Clinton.
Preliminary results of her autopsy show that the cause Stern's death was drowning.
The official cause of death is still pending toxicology results.
No foul play was suspected in Stern's death.
The investigation is ongoing.
- No foul play suspected after person found dead in Wabash River near Clinton cemetery
- Body found in Wabash river
- UPDATE: Body found in Wabash River in Clinton identified
- Body recovered from Wabash River in Clinton
- No foul play suspected in fire that killed elderly couple
- Cemetery board reacts to Bethesda Cemetery cleanup
- Vincennes prepared for Wabash River after rainfall
- Woman and her dog found dead after the car they were in rolls into the Wabash River
- VIDEO: Terre Haute fire investigator pulls distraught person from the edge of the Wabash River Bridge
- Rescue workers continue searching for a person in the Wabash River