VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A six-month investigation has come to a close.
News 10 received information about an ongoing ballot dispute in Vigo County.
During the primary election earlier this year, Tess Brooks-Stephens was listed after Cheryl Loudermilk on the initial ballot.
It is required by state law that the names be listed alphabetically.
The Vigo County Clerk's Office said someone made changes to Brooks-Stephens' candidacy application.
Brooks-Stephens said she didn't do it.
Indiana State Police wrapped up its investigation last month and handed the case over to special prosecutor Ann Mischler.
Now, Mischler completed her review of the case.
Indiana State Police told News 10 there was not sufficient evidence to file criminal charges against any individual involved in the matter.
- No criminal charges will be filed in Vigo County ballot dispute involving name change
- Ballot dispute continues in Terre Haute
- Hearing wraps in ballot dispute case
- Candidate removed from Vigo County primary ballot
- Vigo County casino question will be on the November ballot
- Jury selection underway for criminal confinement trial in Vigo County
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Vigo County man files for plea right before jury trial
- Almost 2,000 Vigo County residents file for property tax appeal
- Judge gives Vigo County more time to file response