LINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - Staff at one local school district took the chance to jump into the new school year...with a fun twist.
The Linton-Stockton School Corporation had a back to school rally on Friday.
But this wasn't your everyday rally.
Incoming teachers received the star treatment.
Special hosts introduced them just like they would in a pro sports draft.
New district Superintendent Kathy Goad was behind the idea.
She wanted the staff's first day to be memorable.
Our own Rick Semmler got in on the fun to make the day special.
- New teachers receive the star treatment in Linton
- Linton Stockton Challenge Course
- UPDATE Missing Linton man located
- "Disheartening" School board president responds after Linton teacher accused of relationship with a student
- Linton teacher accused of having sex with student placed on unpaid leave, termination process underway
- Linton teacher turns herself in after being accused of having sexual relationship with student
- FDA approves preventive migraine treatment
- Vincennes school receives Four Star honors by state
- Linton woman speaks out against suicide
- Linton's new superintendent starts in July