TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - There's a new resource for foster and adoptive parents, along with foster children in the Wabash Valley.
Tuesday was the grand opening of the Region 8 Clothing Closet.
Northside Community Methodist Church on Fruitridge Avenue opened their doors to the program.
A foster or adoptive parent can stop in and get clothing, underwear, socks, shoes, blankets, and hygiene products.
And if they don't have what you want, they say they will help you find it.
The closet is put on and run y the support group "Indiana Foster and Adoptive Parents."
The closet is open six days a week and run strictly on donations.
Region 8 serves Clay, Vigo, Sullivan, Parke, and Vermillion Counties.e
- New resource opens for foster parents
- Local need for foster parents becoming urgent
- Bill to help foster parents moves forward
- Indiana Senator hopes to establish foster parent "Bill of Rights"
- Indiana families hopeful about proposed ‘foster parent bill of rights’
- 'Foster parent bill of rights' passes the Senate unanimously
- First meeting held on Foster Parent Bill of Rights
- Foster Parent Bill of Rights complete, parents ready for next steps
- Open Arms Christian Ministries in need of more foster families
- Resources for sexual assault victims