VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County Commissioners have moved forward on making a new convention center a reality.
Members recently passed an ordinance that establishes a new, non-reverting account.
This account will hold funds that have been dedicated for Capital Improvement Board projects.
In the case of the convention center, the City of Terre Haute and Vigo County have dedicated $10 million each toward the project.
The Vigo County Convention and Visitor's Bureau will chip in $5 million.
Operations of the center will be funded by the recent passing of the food and beverage tax.
A proposal is expected to be made to the capital improvement board next month.
- New ordinance moves new convention center project forward
- Convention center project moving forward, construction expected to start in June
- Pantheon Theater Project moving forward
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- Copper Bar set to close for renovations as plans move forward for new convention center
- Plans move forward to place new convention center in downtown Terre Haute
- A unanimous vote to move forward with the Terre Haute Convention Center
- Richland County moves forward on renovation project
- Main street project moves forward in Vincennes
- Moving forward with the jail project