VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An opioid treatment center will open in Terre Haute this spring.
It will be called Western Indiana Recovery Services and you'll find it behind the Vigo County Courthouse.
That's according to the Hamilton Center who is partnering with Sagamore Medical Recovery Services.
Sagamore's treatment methods will make use of the drug methadone.
"Methadone treatment has been around for 50 years,” said Dr. Randy Stevens, Addictions Specialist. “It's been proven to be very, very effective with people who follow through with the program."
Hamilton Center will provide behavioral services for clinic patients.
"We are trying to bring the best bang for the buck to our society, so we can show the state that we are doing it in the best fashion possible,” explained Dr. Ahsan Mahmood, Hamilton Center.
- New opioid treatment center to open in Vigo County
- Opioid recovery center opens in Vigo County
- Hamilton Center seeks to open more opioid treatment centers througout state
- Vigo County opens additional early voting centers
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit
- New treatment program to fight opioid abuse
- State approves license for opioid treatment program in Knox County
- New early voting centers set to open in Vigo County
- New Opiod Treatment Center Opens in Terre Haute
- Vigo County opioid recovery center continues to have more patients seeking help