SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - On Monday, people around the Wabash Valley recognized Veterans Day.
News 10 stopped by the Sullivan Courthouse where officials held a ceremony at the Veterans Memorial.
During the ceremony, officials unveiled a new monument.
Organizers say it's a way to honor the people who lived their lives in service to the country.
"Having this here on the courthouse square with the rest of the monuments is very important to the community," Pam Irvin from the Sullivan County Garden Club said.
The new monument was several years in the making.
- New monument unveiled during Sullivan Veterans Day ceremony
- Brick placement ceremony honors local veterans
- White House unveils new gun policies; local veteran weighs in
- Folks celebrate Ag Day in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Veterans Day in the Wabash Valley
- Lost Creek Elementary holds Veterans Day program
- South Vermillion community holds Veterans Day program
- Brazil High School monument still destroyed -- what's next?