TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - We have new information about a death investigation from earlier Friday
Terre Haute Police are taking on folks spreading fake information.
It all stemmed from the discovery of an unresponsive man on a sidewalk that happened just before 10 0'clock Friday morning in the 1300 block of 3rd avenue.
Police determined the man had died and there were no obvious signs of foul play, an autopsy this afternoon confirmed this.
Meanwhile, they acknowledged that photos of the man have surfaced on social media and those photos say the man died from gunshot wounds. Officers say those posts are fake. They also rebuked those posters with a message on their Facebook page. It says in part quote "those posting pictures of the deceased on the internet should consider how they would feel if that were their family member, we must be better than that."
THPD said they won't release any more information this weekend.
- New information released in 3rd Ave death investigation
- Fire investigators release more information on weekend house fire
- Police release name of weekend Cleveland Ave. shooting victim
- Police release more information on shooting
- Police release additional information on 18th Street homicide that led to the death of an officer
- Officials say they will wait for toxicology results before releasing information about nine-month-old's death
- New information released in regards to investigation at Parke County daycare
- New information from the city attorney's office regarding the serious accident at 3rd and Voorhees streets
- Lunch assistance program information for this summer released
- Police release more information on Greene County double murder/suicide