TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We are learning more about the man police say is responsible for a four-hour standoff in Terre Haute.
That man is Christopher Blanton.
He's behind bars facing charges of criminal recklessness, pointing a firearm, and possession of methamphetamine.
The standoff happened on Oakland Avenue.
Terre Haute Police Chief John Plasse said Blanton fired a gun which led to the initial 9-1-1 call.
Witnesses told police they also saw Blanton pointing the gun at a victim.
When he refused to come out, officers stormed the house.
Plasse said they found Blanton hiding in the attic.
- New details released after Terre Haute standoff
- New details released after Owen County Standoff
- Terre Haute standoff ends, suspect 'secure'
- UPDATE: One Arrested after Terre Haute Standoff Situation
- Man at the center of Terre Haute standoff charged
- Police identify suspect involved in three-hour Terre Haute standoff
- Man at the center of Terre Haute KFC standoff dead
- Court documents show more details about Terre Haute murder investigation
- More details revealed in Friday night Terre Haute shooting
- Leaf pick-up schedule released for West Terre Haute