TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The leading cause of injuries and death among senior citizens is falling.
That's according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Assisted Living facilities work to prevent statistics like these.
"Silver Birch Living" is holding a series of informational meetings, educating people on its new location in Terre Haute.
Silver Birch Living will be located on Lafayette Avenue in Terre Haute.
There will be 119 apartments that are either one bedroom or studio.
- New assisted living facility holds informational meetings
- Local assisted living facility holds grand opening
- Assisted living facility holds chili cook-off
- Terre Haute assisted living facility holds a community night
- Crews work on new assisted living facility in Terre Haute
- New assisted living facility opens in Terre Haute
- Assisted living facility hosts fundraiser for Backpack Program
- New assisted living facility to open in February, expects to fill up fast
- Schools, churches, and assisted living facility receive dress donations thanks to Garrett Sands Kindness Project
- Lunch assistance program information for this summer released