TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - Out with the old and in with the new.
Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett and several first responders were on hand as a new state of the art fire truck was officially declared 'in-service.'
Ladder Five features a new engine, hydraulics, and electrical units.
The equipment on the vehicle is easily accessible to crews.
To start it off, into the rotation, the new ladder truck was hosed down with water from the previous engine...a firefighter tradition.
Terre Haute Fire Chief Jeff Fisher said funding for the fire truck came from a non-reverting fund...and not tax dollars.
- New Terre Haute fire truck officially rolls into service
- Terre Haute Fire Department set to receive new trucks
- Terre Haute Fire Department receives new ladder truck
- Services set for Terre Haute firefighter
- Terre Haute grocery chain starts delivery service
- Fire consumes Terre Haute warehouse
- Officials call fire "suspicious" in West Terre Haute
- Officials investigate Sunday night Terre Haute fire as arson
- Officials say Friday morning Terre Haute fire suspicious
- Terre Haute Police Department rolls out 17 new squad cars