VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The survey results are in for people want in the next Superintendent of Vigo County Schools.
Below is what the majority of people want to see in the next school leader.
Here's what the next few months will look like:
- Candidates have until Friday, April 6 to apply for the position.
- On Monday, April 9, the search committee will answer questions about the survey results at the school board meeting.
- The school will interview potential candidates for several weeks
- The school expects to hire a new superintendent by the end of May
For personal traits, they want someone who is trustworthy and a problem solver. About 900 people listed those qualities as their top two personality traits.
The top professional skill people are looking for is someone to lead the school strategically.
Based on the results, the top action people want out of the next leader is improving school buildings.
This coordinates with the top challenges people listed. They're concerned about the technology offered, school buildings and finances.
School leaders say they will use these results to guide interview questions.
- New: Breakdown of survey results for Vigo County Superintendent Search
- Vigo County School Corporation releases survey results
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation
- 2,000+ responses to Vigo Co. Superintendent survey; Timeline of what's next
- Vigo County Public Library pouring over survey data
- The search is on for a new Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent
- First day for Vigo County students and superintendent alike
- RJS Justice Services releases preliminary jail survey results
- Jail study narrows in on results for Vigo County's future
- Vigo County election results officially in the books