TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - Staff from the National Weather Service in Indianapolis visited areas hit with severe weather after strong storms swept through the Wabash Valley Saturday.
Crews continue to survey damaged areas Sunday and again on Monday to determine if tornados were active and how strong it was in each area hit.
As of Sunday morning, the National Weather Service tweated ***PRELIMINARY*** Survey teams have identified 3 additional tornadoes, 1 each in Owen (Freedom-Spencer area), Greene (east of Bloomfield), and Monroe (Ellettsville area) counties. Owen is a prelim EF1, Greene and Monroe are prelim EF2. Additional survey work likely Monday.
Damage has been reported in several areas of the Wabash Valley including Marshall, Illinois and Sullivan, Greene and Owen counties in Indiana. Power has also been knocked out in several locations.
Surveyors will make their way to places a tornado may have touched down throughout the day.
News 10 will have continuing coverage on air and online.
- National Weather Service visiting areas hit with severe weather
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- Severe Weather Possible Tonight
- Severe Weather Preparedness: Flooding
- Severe Storm Season Weather
- Severe Weather Myths
- Protecting property from severe weather
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week underway
- Severe Weather Preparedness Week Underway
- Severe Weather and Flooding Expected