INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - It may be cold outside now but Spring severe weather season is almost here.
Storm Team 10 traveled to the National Weather Service in Indianapolis today to get ready. NWS officials say Indiana has most of its tornadoes every year between April and June. They say to get together a plan for strong storms now. Monday officials discussed how active this year's severe weather season could be.
"Right now, I think we're gonna have more tornadoes than we had last year. And I'm only saying that because last year in Indiana we only had twelve tornadoes, in central Indiana we only had three tornadoes. On average, we average around 20 to 24 tornadoes per year" Jason Puma with the National Weather Service says.
Remember Severe Weather Preparedness Week is March 17 through the 23rd. Storm Team 10 will be here to help you get prepared!
- National Weather Service Prepares for Possibility of Active Spring Season
- Beekeepers' Spring preparations underway
- Richland County prepares with active shooter training
- Spring And Summer Weather
- Hopping into spring with egg hunt preparations
- IU to temporarily suspend fraternity activities until mid-spring
- Spring break activities keeping kids busy at the Children's Museum
- Spring Wildflower Season in Full Swing
- Area parks preparing for camping season
- Meteorological Spring vs. Astronomical Spring