CHARLOTTE, Mich. (AP) - A former sports doctor already facing the rest of his life in prison will get a third and final sentence in a sexual assault scandal that involves more than 260 victims.
Larry Nassar is returning to court Monday in Eaton County, Michigan. He listened to dozens of victims last week and was almost attacked by a man whose three daughters said they were molested.
The 54-year-old Nassar pleaded guilty to penetrating girls with his hands when they sought treatment for injuries at Twistars, a gymnastics club. He worked for Michigan State University and USA Gymnastics, which trains Olympians.
Nassar recently was sentenced to 40 to 175 years in prison in a separate but related case. He also was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison for child pornography crimes.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nassar to receive final sentence in sexual assault scandal
- Resources for sexual assault victims
- Olney man receives maximum sentence
- Nassar to face another sentence, victims in return to court
- Purdue police investigate reported sexual assault
- Forensic nurses: helping victims of sexual assault
- PACE provides sexual assault services in Vincennes
- Sentencing expected on Thursday for Olney man accused of predatory criminal sexual assault
- 'The message that's being sent right now is sit down and shut up' Victim in Larry Nassar case speaks on accountability, healing and forgiveness in sexual assault
- Michigan court will review Larry Nassar sentencing after claims of bias