VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police have released the identities of the police officer along with the suspect involved in a weekend police action shooting near Clinton.
On Monday, police arrested 49-year-old Craig Boradach, from Paris, Illinois.
Police say Boradach pinned Clinton police officer John Alkire between two cars, forcing Alkire to shoot Boradach twice.
Boradach was airlifted to an Indianapolis hospital.
He was released from the hospital late Monday afternoon and was arrested.
He faces charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, operating a vehicle while intoxicated resulting in bodily injury, and another charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Following standard protocol in a police action shooting, Alkire was placed on administrative leave.
- Names of suspect and officer involved in weekend Vermillion County police action shooting released
- Names released in Officer Involved Shooting
- Name released of suspect in shooting of Officer Pitts
- Police release name of weekend Cleveland Ave. shooting victim
- The Vigo County Prosecutor's Office releases its report on a recent police action shooting and standoff.
- Sentencing on hold for man involved in police action shooting
- Man involved in police action shooting receives his sentence
- Vermillion County Fair Prepares for Hot Weekend
- Prosecutor's office to release findings on Mikey Reynolds police action shooting this week
- Name released in weekend Clay County fatal accident