PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police are investigating after a mushroom hunter found skeletal remains found near a Putnam County lake.
On Thursday, Indiana State Police responded Van Bibber Lake area.
That is in the northwestern part of Putnam County.
Police say the mushroom hunter found the remains just before 1:00.
Investigators say they have not been able to determine the sex or age of the person.
Police are working with the coroner's office to identify the remains, using "scientific means."
Detectives are investigating the possibility this could be tied a missing person investigation from November 2016.
Officials say they believe there is no danger to the public.
- Mushroom hunter finds skeletal remains in Putnam County
- More human skeletal remains found in Putnam County
- Remains discovered by mushroom hunters in Putnam County are those of missing man
- One person dead after Putnam County crash
- Two hurt in Putnam County crash
- Putnam County man arrested after alleged two county police chase
- Former Putnam County Deputy receives new sentence of 33 months
- Putnam County man arrested in synagogue anti-Semitic vandalism
- Putnam County firefighter dies in out of area crash
- Services set for Putnam County man killed in I-70 crash