TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Historical Society hopes to have its new museum open December.
Their former location on 6th Street in Terre Haute closed on June 1st.
Between now and opening day, crews will move artifacts and exhibits into the new location.
News 10 received an inside look at what is happening to prepare.
Crews are working to organize and pack items.
They're logging items so they can be found easily in storage.
This move offers an expanded space for families to be about to learn about local history.
Their new location is on Wabash Avenue, just east of 9th Street.
- Moving Day (s): Vigo County Historical Society working on the move to their new building
- Community Spotlight: The Vigo County Historical Society
- With over 1,000 boxes...and Stiffy Green, the Historical Society needs moving day help
- Historical society unveils unique exhibit
- Work continues on local historic building
- Historical Vigo County totem pole to get restored before moving to new home
- Vigo County Historical Society is in need of some extra hands
- State Road 46 drainage work moves forward
- A Night at the Museum? The former Vigo County Historical Society Museum to be turned into Bed and Breakfast
- New stores set to move into old Gander Mountian building