TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Terre Haute Police Chief John Plasse says he feels like a fallen officer was saying "hello" after he recently got a package in the mail.
Chief Plasse posted on his Facebook page to explain how another Terre Haute police officer lost his Rob Pitts mourning bracelet while in Florida this summer.
The chief says "amazingly" someone found the bracelet and sent it back to the department.
Officer Rob Pitts was gunned down in May.
Chief Plasse ended his post by saying Officer Pitts is still greatly missed.
- Mourning bracelet returned months after it is lost in Florida
- Daviess County still mourning lives lost in multiple fatal accidents
- Terre Haute Police selling bracelets to help build statue for Officer Pitts
- More Officer Rob Pitts memorial bracelets arrive, here's where you can get them
- Terre Haute kids make and sell bracelets to help Backpack Program
- Florida students return, wary but hopeful, to school shooting site
- These are the lives lost in the Florida high school shooting
- Town of Marshall mourning the loss of an officer
- Law enforcement mourning the loss of Michael and Darla Eslinger
- RHIT community mourns the loss of "Mr. Rose-Hulman"