TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The legal team for Vigo County Jail inmates wants to bring in the American Civil Liberties Union, also known as the ACLU.
News 10 has received new court documents in the lawsuit against Vigo County leaders over the jail.
The documents are a motion to add Kenneth Falk to the plaintiff's representation. Falk is an attorney for the ACLU. He previously represented a class of inmates in a different case involving the jail. Falk is also currently involved with another lawsuit involving the jail.
Meanwhile, late Thursday afternoon, we received notice of an executive session of the Vigo County Council. Council members will meet with other county leaders Tuesday.
We are working to learn if these developments are related.
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- ACLU lawsuit against Vigo County School Corporation dropped
- ACLU files lawsuit against state trooper for alleged constitutional violations during Vigo County traffic stop
- Motions to dismiss filed in lawsuit involving Isaac Haas
- Vigo County gets extension in jail lawsuit
- Plaintiff in Vigo County Jail lawsuit files for $35K in attorney fees
- Two settle their lawsuit with the Vigo County jail
- Terre Haute Police Officer files motion to drop lawsuit against him
- Former youth basketball coach files motion to change guilty plea
- Vigo County Commissioner talks about opioid lawsuit