VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A mother-daughter due prove you can do anything with a hammer and a dream.
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College in Vigo County welcomed Karen Laine and Mina Starsiak.
They're stars of the HGTV show 'Good Bones.'
The show highlights the duo turning rundown homes into gems.
On Tuesday, the two stars spoke to the community about leadership and being an entrepreneur.
"My hope is that when people meet us and hear what we have to say, they'll realize those are just two hicks from Hoosierville...and they did this. I don't want anyone to think I'm a hick. We're totally, I mean, we're just your average people. Let's go midwestern," they told us.
The Wabash Valley Leadership Institute hosted the talk.
- Mother-daughter hosts of HGTV show speak on leadership at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods celebrates 182nd commencement
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Band holds special Christmas concert
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods kicks off homecoming celebrations
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods opens new health clinic on campus
- Students receive degrees at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Commencement Ceremony
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods welcomes record-setting new class for move-in day
- O'Shaughnessy Hall at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods temporarily closed due to mildew issues
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods holds transfer fair for Harrison College students
- Singers from all over the country perform at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods