TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A new report has found that more people are driving under the influence of drugs than alcohol.
Indiana State Police says they've noticed the change.
They've also noticed fewer people driving under the influence of alcohol.
Police say the change is because people aren't using their prescriptions properly.
They say many times, it's because they are mixing those medications with alcohol.
In Indiana, drivers who cause injury or death in an accident must do a breathalyzer test.
More than 200 Indiana State Police Officers have been certified in drug recognition.
- More people are driving under the influence of drugs than alcohol
- Illinois school bus driver accused of driving under the influence of drugs with students on board
- Payless fools influencers with a fake store
- Trump says his past accusers influence thinking on Kavanaugh
- Beach club owner rips into freeloading Instagram 'influencers'
- Sunday alcohol sales now legal in Indiana
- New chairman appointed to Indiana alcohol commission
- Indiana task force to make alcohol recommendations
- Which alcoholic beverages are more diet-friendly?
- Millions of Americans battle alcohol addiction