WABASH VALLEY, Ind. (WTHI) - There are more local businesses offering their support for federal employees who aren't getting paid.
The Terre Haute Children's Museum is offering free admission to the families of furloughed employees.
This is available for two adults who share a household along with children living in the house.
The YMCA of the Wabash Valley in Clay and Vigo Counties are also lending a hand.
They are waiving registration and membership fees for federal workers.
That's in addition to waived child watch and after-school program fees.
You will need to show a valid federal ID for all of these opportunities.
- More businesses offer a helping hand to furloughed federal employees
- Fast food chain offers free meal to furloughed federal employees
- Indianapolis Children's Museum offers free admission to furloughed and federal employees working without pay
- Local barbershop offers free haircuts to furloughed government employees
- More local support offered to unpaid federal employees
- Sullivan offers to waive utility late fees for federal employees
- Local gas station to offer free food to federal employees
- Terre Haute gas station lends a hand to federal government employees
- Helping His Hands moving locations
- Federal employees relieved, grateful for community support