MONTEZUMA , Ind (WTHI) - Mrs. Organ's 2nd grade class at Montezuma Elementary School is taking ordinary to the extraordinary.
These 7 and 8-year-olds are selling popcorn, but they will not be pocketing any of the proceeds.
The money raised will then be used to go shopping for teddy bears a lesson being taught far beyond the classroom walls.
Through the project each student is learning about persuasive writing, how to follow step-by-step directions, how to count change, and work with a budget, and of course giving back to others.
- Montezuma Elementary second graders sell popcorn to buy teddy bears for first responders
- Boil order for Montezuma, Indiana
- Annual Popcorn Festival underway in Casey
- 4th graders at Dixie Bee Elementary School learn trade skills
- One killed after accident at Montezuma Saw Mill
- UPDATE: Boil order lifted for Montezuma water customers
- Veterans are honored with handmade quilts in Montezuma
- Walnut Prairie Wildside hosts buy, sell and trade event
- Montezuma man arrested for child neglect after children found walking down road
- Local second graders make a cuddly donation