COLES COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - 22-year-old Savannah Weiss is in the Coles County Jail.
That's after police say her toddler was found dead.
The Charleston Police Department says last money, paramedics found the two-year-old unresponsive.
Police say Weiss confessed to leaving the toddler inside of a pack and play, unattended for several days.
An autopsy revealed the cause of death was dehydration and malnourishment.
Weiss was in court on Monday and was appointed a public defender.
Her bond hearing is set for next week.
- Mom accused of killing two-year-old after leaving them in pack and play unattended for several days appears in court
- Vermillion County woman accused of charging $17K on grandma's credit card appears in court
- Knox County man to appear in court for his accused involvement in two deaths
- Man accused of leading police on a chase appears in court
- Suspect in 1988 killing of Indiana girl, 8, appears in court
- Suspect from Brazil drug raid makes first court appearance
- UPDATE: Juvenile appears in court after shooting incident
- Indiana woman sentenced for killing a mom, claiming her baby
- Fans pack the stands at the Terre Haute Action Track
- Packing healthy lunches for back to school time