TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - On Tuesday morning the Miracle on 7th Street organization held a check presentation where several local charities received money.
Those included Catholic Charities, the 14th and Chestnut Community Center and the Saint Benedict Food Pantry.
The Saint Benedict Soup Kitchen will put this money to great use. They fill roughly 200 plates a day to feed those in need!
“And that way they get good and full and for some of them, it's the only meal they get that day,” explained Judy Hogan, supervisor at St. Benedict Soup Kitchen. “So, we're very fortunate they're backing us and giving us money to help these people."
Seven local charities were awarded money and more than 20 groups were sponsored for the Miracle Tree Event.
- Miracle on 7th Street presents checks to local charities
- Tree arrives at Terre Haute's Miracle on 7th Street
- Miracle on 7th Street continues with Light Your Way parade
- Officers present donations to local charities
- Local dentist office presents check to THPD
- History Center to debut new mural during Miracle on 7th Street
- Next phase of 7th Street construction starts
- South 7th Street reopens after construction project
- Local organizations benefiting from First Financial check presentations
- Local charity growing their operations