(CNN) - Millions of Facebook users were hacked. The company and the FBI are actively investigating.
Over 30 million Facebook users were compromised. However, that number is less than the previously suspected 50 million.
Hackers accessed the user names, birth dates, hometowns, and work histories of 14 million users.
The rest could have had their emails and phone numbers taken.
It's said to be the biggest security breach in the company's history.
After the attack, the company logged out almost 100 million users as a precaution.
- Millions impacted by Facebook hack
- Facebook security breach impacts 50 million users
- Under Armour MyFitnessPal hack affects 150 million user accounts
- Personal information hacked in 100,000+ homes
- Equifax finds additional 2.4 million impacted by 2017 breach
- Facebook reveals bug exposed 6.8 million users' photos
- Special Olympics Economic Impact
- FBI deviated from its policy on alerting hacking victims
- FBI alerts consumers to restart router over hacking concerns
- FBI warns banks about potential ATM hacking scheme