TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) -- A community continues to mourn a leader in education.
Former Vigo County principal and school administrator Mick Newport died last week.
We have information about his upcoming funeral arrangements.
A memorial visitation is set for this Friday at Callahan and Hughes Funeral home.
That will be from 4 to 8 p.m.
Services are planned for Saturday morning at 11 at Saint Margaret Mary Catholic Church.
The burial will follow at Highland Lawn Cemetery.
Those who know Newport said he was an exceptional leader and great man.
In lieu of flowers, his family is requesting donations be made to the Vigo County Schools backpack program.
- Mick Newport funeral arrangements
- Funeral arrangements set for Micah Chambers
- Former Terre Haute principal and school administrator Mick Newport has passed away
- Funeral arrangements released for local soldier killed in training exercise
- Funeral arrangements announced for fallen Boone County Deputy Jacob Pickett
- Funeral arrangements set for teenager killed in weekend crash
- Funeral arrangements made for Volunteer Firefighter killed in the line of duty
- Funeral arrangements announced for Greene county teen killed in car crash
- Family of Edwin Jackson releases statement, arrangements set
- Indiana House speaker has deal arranged by casino investor