TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Rodger Plunkett II was granted a continuance on Thursday.
That was at the fire department merit board meeting.
Terre Haute Fire Chief Jeff Fisher said Plunkett bonded out and was at the meeting. Fisher said Plunkett asked for a continuance to prepare for his case.
The board granted his continuance. The next meeting will take place on October, 30th in City Hall. A room has not been decided on yet.
Prosecutors filed child molestation charges against Plunkett in early September.
Plunkett, a firefighter with the Terre Haute Fire Department was suspended by fire chief Jeff Fisher after he was arrested.
Fisher says he wants Plunkett fired.
The Terre Haute city attorney denied our request to see public documents to learn more on his merit board case. We were told to resubmit our request after the merit board's decision.
Plunkett was accused of molesting the two girls between 1998 and 2005. A person close to Plunkett told police he had been sending her animated digital images, including child pornography, to her phone for months.
She also told police she found child pornography on old hard drives he left in the house and carried a hard drive with him everywhere, that she suspects also had child pornography on it.
She went on to say he tried to talk her into including children in their sex life.
- Merit board grants Terre Haute firefighter arrested on child molesting charges continuance
- Terre Haute firefighter arrested on multiple counts of child molestation
- Terre Haute firefighter accused of child molesting appears in court
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Terre Haute man arrested on one count of child molesting
- Ordinance passes to establish merit board for Vincennes City Firefighters
- Terre Haute man charged with molestation
- Terre Haute firefighter at risk of losing his job after facing child molestation charges
- Terre Haute firefighter charged with child molestation has been suspended without pay
- Terre Haute firefighter formally charged with five counts of child molestation