TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - May is Mental Health Awareness month, which is why many joined in on a walk Saturday evening.
The Mental Health Awareness walk was held to shed light on the illness.
All walkers sported their green, which is the color for mental health.
The group walked down Ohio Street to the Vigo County Courthouse.
There, they released balloons in honor of those who lost their lives.
"We say a short poem and then we release the balloons in memory of the lost loved ones," said Patty Mitchell, walk organizer.
Participants walk in support of family and friends who suffer from the illness.
The group hopes to continue the walk for many years to come.
- Mental Health walk supports those who suffer from the illness
- Mental Health Emergency Training
- Outdoor walking meetings boost your mental and physical health
- Gun ownership and mental health
- Shooting suspect was able to buy guns despite mental illness
- May is Mental Health Awareness month, community invited to walk for cause
- World Mental Health Day creates discussion
- Youth leaders receive mental health training
- The serious shortage of mental health professionals
- Last male northern white rhino takes a walk despite illness