TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A large corporation is helping put food on the table for those right here in the Wabash Valley.
Meijer hosts a Simply Give program which donates to our local food pantry.
The New Life Fellowship Food Pantry gives 75,000 meals a year to those in our community, all through the help of donations.
When someone in the community donates through Meijer's program, Meijer will then double match the donation.
"Cash donations means that I can grow that money through the Meijer program since it's a double match program. So, $100 in cash is $300 dollars worth of food on our shelves through Meijer. We are growing and stretching that money," said Angela Treadway, food pantry director.
This year the program donated more than $75,000 to the food pantry in Terre Haute.
That's all thanks to donations from our local community and Meijer.
- Meijer's Simply Give program donates $75,000 to local food pantry
- Mobile food pantry makes stop in Dana
- Rockville Correctional Facility staff compete to make a big donation to food pantry
- Clay Youth Food Program
- Local food program seeks new headquarters
- Local restaurant gives Backpack Program a boost
- Clay Youth Food Program delivers food to 950 local children
- Hackers breach HealthCare.gov system, get data on 75,000
- Farmer uses livestock auction to support food pantries
- The Providence Food Pantry in West Terre Haute