SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police have identified the man hurt in a Friday morning crash near the Sullivan McDonald's.
The crash happened around 9:15.
According to police, 71-year-old Shelburn resident, Thomas Bryant was in the drive-thru at McDonald's.
Bryant suffered some sort of medical issue while he was in the drive-thru and rolled forward, over the curb, through a ditch, and crashed head-on with a semi.
Police say the driver of the semi, 61-year-old Willow Hill tried to swerve to get out of the way but wasn't able to avoid the crash.
Bryant was taken to Regional Hospital in Terre Haute, where crews planned to airlift him to an Indianapolis hospital, but they say his condition didn't allow for that to happen.
Bryant is currently listed in critical condition.
- Medical condition leads to Friday morning Sullivan crash
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- ISP: Medical condition cause of Friday morning accident on Interstate 70
- VIDEO: Sky Drone 10: Sullivan County Friday Morning
- Witness reports hearing gunshots Friday morning in Sullivan
- Medical episode may have caused Tuesday morning crash
- Minor injuries reported after morning crash caused by slick conditions
- Sullivan County Highway employee remains in serious condition after deadly crash
- Sullivan County still recovering from icy road conditions
- Driver nearly impaled after Sullivan County crash