TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A road that’s been closed for nearly a year is now open!
We’re talking about the McDaniel Road Bridge in Vigo County.
Debbie Calder with the Indiana Department of Transportation confirmed the opening Monday. By 3:25 p.m. on Tuesday, INDOT confirmed the bridge was open.
Work started several months ago to repair a collapsed wall under the bridge.
The road has been closed since December of 2016.
- INDOT: McDaniel Road Bridge officially open!
- Completion timeframe set for McDaniel Road bridge
- McDaniel Road Bypass open for use
- After one year McDaniel Road bridge almost ready to reopen
- McDaniel Road overpass project nearing next stage
- INDOT announces construction on US 41 bridge
- INDOT: Bridge closure delayed due to weather
- Make a Difference: Scott McDaniel
- INDOT to hold public meeting on Clinton bridge
- Residents can voice concerns at INDOT 163 Bridge meeting